Sunday, November 13, 2011

First Entry Ever! Meaning of Life, Tackled!

Hello! To anyone out there reading this, welcome to my blog.  This is the first blog entry I've ever....well, published, and I'm very much looking forward to getting started on what's sure to be good fun! Oh! and be prepared for "Photoshop Fridays", when I Photoshop my face onto/next to a celebrity's - what a hoot! :)

First order of business: What is the meaning of life?
...Just kidding. I don't have an answer to that, so let's move on shall we?

Well, actually, I do have a little opinion on what "the meaning" of life is.  I'm not sure if that's what we should be paying attention to.  Instead of focusing on what life "means"and trying to find one central answer, maybe it'd be beneficial to look into what we value in life.  What we value is what life means to us.  We already have the answers: Money, Drugs, and Johnny Depp.

Ah! Just kidding (...again...). Of course, it's family, love, and most often religion and friends, among other things. I know this might be pretty lame for a first blog entry, but it's the truth - and it's the first thing that came to mind.   Value what makes you smile, what makes you truly appreciate what you have (even if it's next to nothing), and you'll find meaning in life.  That doesn't necessarily mean it will give you answers to other life-long, unknown questions like "Why are we here?" or "What is going to happen in my life?", but it's a nice place to start.  Let's not get crazy now. Those other questions can wait until you're 90 and have seen every Mister Rogers' Neighborhood episode ever made (Hey, Mr. Rogers knew what's up! Annnnd how people make fortune cookies. I'm not kidding. It's online: http://pbskids.org/rogers/videos/index.html )

In summary:
1.) First Blog Entry - submit your ideas! I'll pick a few interesting ones, and put in my two cent's worth. Keep submitting, and I'll keep posting.
2.) Don't forget to look out for "Photoshop Fridays"! You'll probably laugh. Laughing's good for you, so have a look-see!
3.) "The Meaning of Life " really comes down to what you value in your life.  There isn't just one answer; it can be multiple-choice, free-response, and even true/false if you're determined it's a test.  (I personally dislike true/false...the indecisiveness kicks in, and suddenly that 50/50 chance isn't so appealing.)
4.) Mister Rogers knows what's up.

Anyway, thanks for reading! Ciao!

-Erica Elephant

2 comments: